RH ARKITEKTER won a four year framework agreement in 2007 for the provision of consultancy for laboratory building with the University and Property Agency in partnership with COWI, NNE Pharmaplan and Dalux.
The project currently involves:
– A survey of the condition of wet laboratories at all Denmark’s universities and sector research institutions, covering a total of 550,000 square metres of laboratory buildings registered at local level.
– Compilation of an idea catalogue intended to act as inspiration database for laboratory building.
– Drafting of the UPA’s functional basic requirements for laboratory building.
– Engineering advice for the developer for planning and programming large-scale laboratory-related buildings related to three major project competitions for Copenhagen University: the extensions for Panum, Copenhagen Plant Science Center at Life, and Niels Bohr Science Park on the Nørre Campus. A total of approx. 90,000 square metres.
– Advising the developer and engineering consultancy for the start-up of the other work to be undertaken by the institutions, including new laboratory building at RUC and SDU.